Wireless routers have become a necessity nowadays for one to be able to access the internet. Various devices such as phones, computer, television, and eBook reader among others need a wireless router to connect to the web. It is advisable to get a wireless router that will meet your expectations. In this article, you are provided with the best four wireless routers that are up to the task.
Asus RT-AC88U router
The Asus RT-AC88U router has been rated as the best router that has ever been manufactured by Asus Company. The router is designed with a fun-to-use web interface it has eight Gigabit LAN ports. It has a port aggregation feature which allows you to combine two ports to form a single fast connection. The router supports Dual-WAN, you can convert of the ports to into a WAN port. The wireless router is the best to use at home since it is capable of protecting your network from malware and other threats. It also supports MU-MMO, and it has exclusive features that are designed for gamers. Individuals who have already used the Asus RT-AC88U router have given positive compliments about the device. The router delivers top Wi-Fi data rates that are long range and have a high signal. The Asus RT-AC88U router is worth every penny you will spend in purchasing it.
Pros of the router
- It comes with eight Gigabit LAN ports that are extremely fast.
- The router has a fast Wi-Fi performance.
- The web interface is appealing and easy to use.
- Some users have suggested that the USB 3.0 port may not have been correctly placed.
- The router’s NAS has an average performance when the router gets connected to an external hard drive.
Synology RT1900ac router
The Synology RT1900ac router has the best Wi-Fi performance as well as other features that do not disappoint. The device produces an excellent performance when it is connected to either a Wi-Fi router or a NAS server. A dual-core 1GHZ process powers the router. It has a DDR memory of 256 megabytes. The wireless router is designed with features that are stronger than its competitors such as the Asus RT-AC68U. It features an SD card slot and one USB 3.0 port. The ports can be used to host other devices such as an external hard drive. You can add more features to the router using a storage device. The router uses a firmware known as the Synology Router Manager (SRM). The router’s interface is easy to use, and it resembles the one for the traditional desktop operating system.
- The wireless router delivers a perfect Wi-Fi performance.
- The device can function as a NAS server when it is connected to an external storage device.
- The router is sold at an affordable price compared to its competitors.
- The range of the Synology RT1900ac router on a 5GHZ band is short.
- You need to connect the Synology RT1900ac router
- to an external drive to access the NAS features.
Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
The wireless router features one of the most robust and powerful hardware. It does not have an internal hardware, and this relieves you from frequent maintenance. The router has a fast Wi-Fi performance when it is connected to an external storage device. It has a powerful hardware that is powered by a dual-core 1.6GHz processor. The router’s DDR3 RAM memory is 512 megabytes. The router is not designed with an internal fan enabling it to operate quietly without producing any noise. The router has an easy set-up process making its use easy.
- The wireless router delivers a fast Wi-Fi performance that covers a long range.
- The router has an excellent storage speed when it hosts an external hard disk drive.
- The wireless router has few maintenance issues.
- The router is quite expensive.
- The wireless router is not compatible with the Time Machine Backup feature of MAC devices.
Asus RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
The Asus RT-AC3200 router has a few features that make it unique from other routers. The exclusive features include an accessible to web interface and an inbuilt VPN server. The router is capable of connecting to more than one internet sources at a time.
- It features a powerful hardware and remarkable performance.
- The router is capable of keeping your network safe from threats such as malware and intruders.
- The router only serves best individuals who are involved in a lot of local intensive tasks via the Wi-Fi connection.